Tuesday, March 25, 2008

WACOM Bamboo Tablet!!

Using Photoshop a lot? Tired of using a mouse? Get a WACOM tablet!! I know it is expensive, but hey! why not try the less expensive one. Don't buy expensive WACOM intuos but you can afford a WACOM Bamboo for $60.00 at AMAZON!
I bought the smallest and the cheapest possible tablet. I am sure it must lack several options available in the intuos model, but are they worth an extra $250.00?? Well I am in the trial mode right now and will update the blog once I know more about it :o)

Update, June 6th 2008: All I can say is, it serves the purpose! And that too very cheap! I can do all the stuff I wanted to do in Photoshop using Bamboo. The pen is pressure sensitive. It's great for Dodge and Burn, and also for extracting! It has only 4 customizable buttons but thats not a big problem. It's great for the price! The two buttons on the pen itself are not of much use...maybe they are to some people but I found them a bit cumbersome to use. I use it along with the mouse, back and fourth...to some it might be a problem, but even in the larger WACOM tablet you get a mouse which you got to use.

DISCLAIMER: The image was taken from WACOM website. If it infringes any copyright laws please let me know and I will remove it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes i woo am looking to buy one of those, i used an older model called graphire or something. It was good (had to sell to buy a tripod instead!). Not just photoshop, it comes in handy for drawings in Illustrator and powerpoint as well. the free painting software they include is nice.